quarta-feira, 22 de abril de 2009

'Like' is not a light word

My eyes don’t see the same world yours do, honey
There’s no such thing as black and white in my town
For me things aren’t so mercifully clear

You don’t get it do you... 
that I am a poet
Us poets take things tragically hard 
All the sadness in the world is on my bony shoulders
I’m bending, breaking, wounded, bruised, and scarred (spit)

The sooner that you come to realize
I’m a poet
The better it will be for you, meu amor
Then you’ll know the reasons why I suffer
And my dark days you’ll be less impatient of

You’ll never understand (hopefully)
you’re not a poet, mas eu adoro você.
You’ll never feel the fury that I’ve felt
Instead of being happy that you want me
I’m angry you once wanted someone else

I didn’t ask for this affliction (but I like the exclusiveness)
As a poet, que vê
I feel the words your hands can’t as well say
The fact that you’ve known bodies long before mine
Steals my thunder and my joy away

Don’t forget dear,
that I am a poet, um poeta
I could slaughter you with words like razor blades
But I will hold my anguish all inside me
And write it down some other rainy day.

Nenhum comentário: